Imagine a future – where internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM is currently looking for a Digital Hardware Designer to work in our expanding Global Hardware R&D department.
Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
For our Global Hardware department in Aalborg and Kgs. Lyngby, we are looking for a skilled engineer for the development of digital hardware platforms for Cobham SATCOM’s existing and upcoming maritime and land mobile terminals, as well as steerable antennas for use in satellite systems operating at L-band and K-band frequencies.
You will be part of our HW development team and work in a challenging and inspiring environment together with highly skilled PSU, RF, Antenna, Mechanical, and Software design engineers.
You will participate in all phases of the development project: design, review, implementation, testing, approvals and documentation.
As a Digital Hardware Designer, your qualifications should ideally be:
- That you have an education as an electronics engineer or technician with 3-10 years of experience in the design of digital hardware.
- That you follow the technological developments in your field, including like DSP, CPU and serial interfaces for embedded applications.
- That you have knowledge of circuit schematic design and can specify PCB layout guidelines.
- That you are familiar with timing analysis and signal integrity analysis, including simulation using HyperLynx or similar SI analysis tools.
- That you are familiar with digital measurement technologies.
- That you have a solid theoretical electronics design knowledge and a practical working approach
- That you work systematically and analytically in all phases of the development process and can document your work from design to verification.
- That you can communicate and document in English.
- That you are a good team player and like to share your knowledge with others.
- That you can work with external manufacturers / consultants in outsourcing projects.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers that are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Beside a competitive salary package, we care about our employees and offer lunch canteen, social events and societies (wine tasting, art club, Friday bar, music band), sport clubs (skiing, cycling, adventure race, badminton), paid fulltime health and accident insurance and well equipped fitness room. But most importantly we care about you becoming one of us.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge we hope to hear from you.